Happy Birthday! It is a simple phrase said in so many variations. Saying it to someone close like family or friend will mean much. You don’t have to be extravagant to make someone feel appreciated. A simple happy birthday card can be a keepsake that reminds your friend that you took the time to make a unique gift. Blank greeting cards are good for turning into birthday cards. You can get them at Papercute in different designs. Pick a fun birthday card and write interesting happy birthday messages.
- Say Happy birthday in a foreign language. "Feliz Cumpleaños!” in Spanish, "Bon Anniversaire" in French, "Buon Compleanno" in Italian, "Otanjou-bi Omedetou Gozaimasu" in Japanese.
- Use interesting language twists like "May the best of your past be the worst of your future", or "Not just a year older but a year better", or ‘"Enjoy your (21st ) trip around the sun", or in the Jedi way, "Long may you run my friend."
- Be cheeky with someone who enjoys a joke with messages like, "Congratulations for evading death for the (20th ) year", or "Congratulations on seeing your (19th ) year", or "Another year, more aches to come’, or "Congratulations for surviving another year’
- Use flattery to make the person feel good. Say something like, "19 candles look great when lit up but not as good as you do", or "How can we remember your birthday when you look the same each year?", or "Happy birthday, the world became better the day you were born", or "I am glad you are in my life, Happy Birthday’
- Write a simple poem like
"Many Happy birthdays are said the same,
But this is not the same,
Because it has a different start,
And came from my heart"
A simple poem however lame it is, will tell the recipient that you took time to make an imaginative gift.
- Say something silly
- A new year a new chance to feast on more cake
- You are my closest friend though I don’t have to say it. You are the best. Happy birthday!
- Friendship is better with cake in the mouth. More cake please! Happy birthday!
- Smile on your birthday as your teeth may fall out by the next. Enjoy your birthday!
- Say something good about the future.
- One more year with my best friend. What more could I ask for? Happy birthday
- Happy birthday! May you have all the happiness in the coming year.
- Here’s a wish for many more happy years of friendship. Happy birthday, dear friend!
You can say anything on blank greeting cards. Papercute has a collection you could have fun with.